Monday, December 19, 2011

Fancy mix

So, I'm a little behind posting. Even though I don't have any subscribers yet! This blog is just a good source for me to get my recipes written down so I can look back at them, and not have to keep scribbled pieces of paper everywhere, besides I can't read my own handwriting half the time!

I was going to make our traditional chocolate covered pretzels, that my mom and I make every year. But, when I went to dip the pretzels into the melted chocolate I decided I didn't have the patience this year to make chocolate covered pretzels! So here is what I did - I had read a recipe a week earlier called "white trash mix" it had chex cereal, m&ms and white chocolate. I tweaked it. I also renamed it to FANCY MIX. It sounds more appetizing. And this is too good to be called "trash" ;)


  • I used one package of baking chocolate (any brand) I did some regular chocolate and some white.


On medium to low heat I melt the chocolate in a metal pot. I don't do the double boiler when melting chocolate. I just sit there and watch it and stir, and stir. By all means, use a double boiler!
And once it is all melted and smooth, I let it cool for about 2 minutes.
Once it has cooled down for 2 minutes I add (straight into the pot with melted chocolate)


  • 1 cup chex cereal
  • 1 cup pretzels
  • 1/2 cup m&m (regular)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter m&ms



stir it all together and lay out on wax paper. Let it sit until hardened (about 30 min)
Once it is hard break it apart and wah-la!

I also substituted the M&M's for toffee, reeses peanut butter cup minis, hersheys peppermint kisses (which is my fav) you can really do any candy in it. It is so easy to make and just about everyone loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment