Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hello, again!

As I pull this up to write a new post, my Gabby has ripped her Minnie Mouse Pullup off and is peeing on her chair while standing on it. Now, I've cleaned the chair and Gabby up and I'm back at the laptop writing this!

Where to begin? I haven't even opened my blog since December... A friend of mine (hey AK!) recently commented on a post of mine on INSTAGRAM, and she said "you need to start a blog" and I let her know, I have one - I keep it under wraps and it has very few posts on it. And I don't know if anyone would even ever be interested in reading my mumbo jumbo.. I'm not very consistent with this blog, and I don't know if I ever will be. What I am consistent with is Instagram - I wish more people would follow me there and I could post pictures and a little blurb about it and go from there. The things I do in my daily life are no better than anyone else, no more exciting, or knowledgeable. However, I have recently had a change of heart on many things in the last few months. First and foremost, I am Gabriella Marie's mother, and Jared's wifey, but I am quickly finding out what I like and who I am outside of being a mother and a wife. And also, caring less of the opinions people have of me. I'm loving more, enjoying life, stressing less, and feeling 100% positive about my life!

Let me see where to start... We have switched to complete organic, whole foods. We are eating so much healthier, no fast food, no processed junk.. whole complete natural foods! We have stopped using anything made with dyes, parabens, and aluminum. Which means, all green friendly products in our house from bathroom cleaner to 'deodorant'. We have found ourselves to be 'Gentle' parents, we do not yell at Gabby, nor do we spank her, and the few times we have, we feel completely empty and sad inside, and Jared and I have decided spanking and yelling at our children is NOT for us, and Gabby learns so much better by getting down to her eye level and explaining to her what she did wrong. We are also looking into homeschooling, but we would like to let Gabby try public school first, and then we will go from there and see if homeschooling or public schooling is for us, but we are very interested in it. Which homeschooling is something I always thought to be cooky and nutty and weird, my whole life! I never thought I would see the day where I thought homeschooling might just be right for my family.
Gone are the days of a worry free teenager who loved her fast food, and thought things were only clean if it smelled of bleach. Gone are the days where I thought children needed to be spanked, and I thought kids needed antibiotics every time they got a cough. Gone are the days I thought a hospital was the only safe way to have a baby. HA! The last 6 months I have found myself so engrossed in everything pregnancy, birthing, and breastfeeding... I was so young and so busy and so naive when I was pregnant with Gabby that none of that interested me besides breast feeding... And now, I could read women's birth stories all day long! I love it! I can't wait to have another little one growing inside of me. Yes, we are trying! Next go around I will have an at home or in a birthing clinic water birth - Had I known better the first time I would have done so much differently - but all that matters is Gabby is healthy, smart, caring, and beautiful! what more could a mama want??
Jared got a new job, making goood money, we are looking for a home now, and I cannot wait to move and get my puppy inside with us, Gabby will be happy too! And to be able to plant my big garden!! :) I have so much to look forward to with my little family. I have also become very very into cooking! I love it! I never thought I would like cooking more than baking, but I do!! Now, if I can just get Gabs to try more food!

Am I rambling? Yeah, I just re-read this and I'm totally everywhere... Oh, well! I'm writing this exactly how I would speak to you!
I feel as though I can not convey to you all the of things I've been doing the last 6 months since my last post, and I'm going to try and keep this blog up for myself and hopefully your enjoyment! Instead of back tracking lets just start now!

Follow me on Instagram too! Caitlin5ash
you won't regret it! ;)


My blogs from my phone will have more pictures I promise!!

We also got our yearly family pics taken by our friend and amazing photographer, Mae Elizabeth! Check her out!! She is interning at Glamour Magazine :) View all her work HERE or Facebook her HERE






No comments:

Post a Comment